Breast health clinics in Portsmouth
Routine medical checkups are important for maintaining breast health in women, as screening is vital in the early detection of breast cancer. At Appledore Medical Group, doctors use advanced screening techniques— like mammograms and breast ultrasounds— to examine breast tissue and determine breast health.
Highly trained specialists in Portsmouth provide advanced breast health screenings in a comfortable and private environment.
Before visiting one of our locations that offers breast health services, please view our patient health forms.
Comprehensive breast care
We understand that breast health is a high priority for women, which is why our physicians are committed to providing advanced breast health services and diagnostic screenings.
Our team focuses on treating the whole patient by providing expert and compassionate care. Our specialized staff offers you support and education to ensure you feel informed throughout the screening process.
Our hospitals offer:
- A multidisciplinary team approach to your care
- Multiple breast health services with a continuity of care
- Same-day biopsy appointments
- State-of-the-art imaging and diagnostic services
- Timely and accurate results of screening exams
Breast health services
We offer patients a variety of breast health services, including:
- Breast density evaluations
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Image-guided breast biopsies
- Breast mammography
- Ultrasound screening
3D mammography services
We use 3D mammography as a way to detect breast abnormalities. A mammogram is one of the most effective screening tools for breast cancer. It is a diagnostic exam that uses low dose X-rays to make a picture of breast tissue. With 3D mammography, fine details are more visible and are not hidden by breast tissue.
We recommend 3D mammography for patients who have:
- Been previously called back for repeat breast scans
- Breast cancer or have a family history of cancer
- Dense breast tissue
- Previous mammograms with ambiguous or inconclusive results
Mammograms can detect tumors up to two years before you or your doctor can feel the lump, which increases the potential for a cure when breast cancer is detected.
Breast cancer symptoms
According to Sarah Cannon, 12 percent of women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in their lifetime. However, with increased awareness and advanced screening options, women have a greater chance of detecting breast cancer early.
If you notice any of the following symptoms, consider being screened by a medical professional:
- A lump under your arm or on your breast
- Pain in the breasts or nipples
- Discharge from the breasts (other than breast milk)
- An inwardly turned nipple
- Swelling of the breasts
- Scaling or redness developing on the nipple or breast skin
Breast health locations
Retrieving location data...