333 Borthwick Ave, Suite 402
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: (603) 559-4111
About Coastal Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
Coastal Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, part of Appledore Medical Group, has been providing comprehensive, advanced cardiac, thoracic, and vascular surgical care for the Seacoast region since 1998. Our specialists perform surgery at Portsmouth Regional Hospital, which is home to the leading cardiovascular surgery program in the region, recognized as a Center of Excellence in the field.
For more information about our cardiac, thoracic, and vascular surgery options at our Portsmouth location, please call (603) 559-4111.
For more information about our services in Rochester, please call (603) 994-6400
Our expert team of multidisciplinary surgeons
Our multidisciplinary team of board-certified and fellowship-trained surgeons provide patients in the Seacoast region, southern New Hampshire, northeast Massachusetts, Southern Maine and the surrounding communities with access to state-of-the-art, specialized surgical care for conditions of the heart, lungs, chest and blood vessels.
Our expert surgeons are leaders in their respective fields and are considered pioneers in cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgery, providing patients with the most innovative, advanced, and minimally-invasive surgical techniques — including robotic surgery — available, right here in Portsmouth.
Our practice is the only surgical program in the region offering:
- Advanced aortic surgery
- Advanced endovascular surgery
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Robotic thoracic surgery
- Transcarotid artery revascularization (TCAR)
Collectively, our surgeons have performed thousands of surgical procedures as well as extensive research on cardiothoracic and vascular conditions and treatments. As part of our practice, we collaborate with our patients’ primary care provider and other specialists in cardiology, gastroenterology, general surgery, oncology, pulmonology, radiology and radiation oncology to ensure our patients are receiving the best possible care.
We understand having surgery can be overwhelming, which is why we are dedicated to providing personalized, high-quality surgical treatment and follow-up care in a compassionate environment.
Our highly skilled heart surgeons are specially trained and experienced in providing surgical services for heart diseases and disorders, including heart failure and congenital heart abnormalities. We use the most advanced surgical techniques to provide patients with the best possible outcomes and perform surgery with minimally invasive techniques whenever possible. In addition, our team offers genetic testing for aortic disease.
Our heart surgeons perform cardiac surgeries including:
- Complex repair of thoracic-aortic diseases
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Cardiac mechanical assist devices, including ECMO
- Minimally invasive surgical ablation for atrial fibrillation
- Minimally invasive valve surgery
- Reoperative open heart surgery
- Surgical removal of cardiac tumors
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
Our thoracic surgeons are highly skilled in treating conditions and diseases in the chest and upper abdomen including the lungs, trachea, esophagus, diaphragm, chest wall and mediastinum. We use minimally invasive surgical techniques whenever possible including advanced laparoscopic, video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) and robotic surgical approaches, providing patients with expert care for complex procedures.
Our expertise in thoracic surgeries includes:
- Advanced airway surgeries, including trachea
- Complex robotic foregut surgery/intrathoracic stomach surgery
- Emphysema and COPD treatments
- Lung and esophageal cancer surgery
- Management of pleural diseases
- Minimally invasive lung and chest surgery (VATS)
- Robotic thoracic surgery
- Surgeries for esophageal diseases
- Thymic gland surgery
- Treatment of mediastinal masses
Our vascular surgeons specialize in the treatment of a wide variety of conditions affecting the vascular system which includes the blood vessels and veins. Our surgeons build relationships with our patients and their caregivers to ensure patients understand their condition and their treatment options. Depending on the diagnosis, treatments for vascular conditions can include medical and lifestyle interventions, minimally invasive endovascular procedures or open, complex surgery.
Procedures performed by our expert vascular surgeons include:
- Carotid disease surgery, including minimally invasive carotid stenting (TCAR)
- Open and advanced endovascular treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) surgery, catheter and open
- Dialysis access management, including endovascular and peritoneal
- Varicose veins treatment
- Venous disease surgery
Visiting our practices
We offer patients access to care in two convenient locations in Portsmouth and Rochester.
333 Borthwick Ave,
Portsmouth, NH 03801
21 Whitehall Road,
Rochester, NH 03867
The general hours for our offices are Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm; however, individual procedure times may vary. Parking for the both locations is free.
For your convenience, we now offer online appointment scheduling.