Visiting Hours at Atlantic Surgical Associates
Monday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
330 Borthwick Avenue, Suite 308
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: (603) 431-5242
About Atlantic Surgical Associates
At Atlantic Surgical Associates, our general surgeons in Portsmouth perform colon and rectal surgery and general surgery procedures, such as minimally invasive colectomy and robotic low anterior resection to treat a variety of patient conditions. Our surgeons also perform bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery, to help patients make dramatic, long-term changes to their health.
When possible, we perform minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery, which has many benefits for patients, including less scarring and shorter recovery time. Our expert surgeons provide preoperative, operative, and postoperative services for our patients to ensure a continuity of care.
For more information on our bariatric, colon, rectal, breast or general surgery options, please call (603) 431-5242.
Weight loss surgery
Weight loss surgery involves reducing the size of the stomach, limiting the amount of food a patient will consume. A limited food intake means less calories, which results in weight loss for patients.
Although the ultimate goal of bariatric surgery is weight loss, our surgeons use bariatric surgery as a way to help patients completely transform their lives. The success of weight loss surgery depends on a patient's commitment to long term dietary and fitness changes.
Our expert bariatric surgeons offer two kinds of weight loss surgeries:
- Gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery is one of the most common weight loss surgeries in the U.S. During a gastric bypass, the size of the stomach is reduced and a new route for food and nutrient absorption is created by bypassing a part of the small intestine. Most patients report feeling full sooner and from less food.
- Gastric sleeve
- A sleeve gastrectomy, or gastric sleeve, is performed by dividing the stomach into two separate sections. One of these sections will become a new, smaller stomach that holds significantly less food.
After surgery, a majority of the original stomach remains in place without access to food, resulting in weight loss for patients.
Our surgical team provides comprehensive surgical care for treatment of conditions affecting the colon, rectum, and anus. These conditions include:
- Cancer of the colon, rectum, and anus
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Diverticular disease
- Anorectal disease (hemorrhoids, anal fissures, anal fistulae)
- Pelvic floor disorders (rectal prolapse, chronic constipation)
Additionally, our team provides expert general surgical care for a variety of conditions which include:
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Foregut surgery (GERD, hiatal hernia)
Visiting our facility
The general hours for our office are Monday-Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm; however individual procedure times may vary. Parking for the building is free.