Expert surgeons in southern New Hampshire
The surgeons at Appledore Medical Group hold high expertise in performing advanced surgeries to help patients who are experiencing various medical conditions. From bariatric surgery to robot-assisted surgery, you can be assured our board-certified surgeons can perform the necessary procedures to maximize your health.
Before visiting one of our locations offering surgery, please view our patient health forms.
At Appledore Medical Group, our surgeons employ state-of-the-art surgical techniques to facilitate healing and wellness for our patients. We focus on your individual and overall healthcare needs to ensure you receive the most effective treatment.
Our specialized surgical teams provide diagnostic, preoperative, operative and postoperative care to patients.
General surgery involves a broad spectrum of surgical treatments for various conditions affecting the following areas of the body:
- Endocrine system
- Gastrointestinal tract
We offer a wide range of general surgery options, including:
- Abdominal surgery
- Breast biopsy and cancer surgery
- Colon surgery for diverticulitis and cancer
- Hernia surgery
- Removal of skin lesions, lipomas and cysts
- Thyroid surgery
- Trauma surgery
- Vein surgery
In addition to our general surgery procedures, our team offers other surgical specialties to patients, such as:
Bariatric surgery provides patients who are morbidly obese with the necessary assistance to lose weight by dramatically reducing the stomach size. This reduces the amount of food that can be eaten at a meal, resulting in calorie reduction, leading to weight loss.
Our surgeons offer three common bariatric procedures:
- Gastric bypass — During a gastric bypass, the size of the stomach is reduced and a portion of the small intestine is bypassed.
- Gastric sleeve — During a gastric sleeve, the stomach is divided into two sections and a new, smaller stomach is created from one of the sections.
- Revision weight loss surgery — Revision weight loss surgery is used to make revisions to a gastric bypass or a gastric sleeve surgery if the desired weight loss results were not achieved.
Our cardiac and thoracic surgeons provide expert surgical care for conditions of the heart, lungs and chest. Our highly skilled cardiac and thoracic specialists are specially trained and use minimally invasive techniques whenever possible. They perform a wide range of surgeries and procedures, including:
- Advanced airway surgeries, including trachea
- Cardiac mechanical assist devices, including ECMO
- Complex repair of thoracic-aortic diseases
- Complex robotic foregut surgery/intrathoracic stomach surgery
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Emphysema and COPD treatments
- Management of pleural diseases
- Minimally invasive lung and chest surgery (VATS)
- Minimally invasive surgical ablation for atrial fibrillation
- Minimally invasive valve surgery
- Reoperative open heart surgery
- Robotic thoracic surgery
- Surgeries for esophageal diseases
- Surgical removal of cardiac tumors
- Thoracic oncology surgical services
- Thymic glad surgery
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Treatment of mediastinal masses
Neurological surgery is used to treat conditions of the brain and spinal cord. Our specialized neurosurgery teams perform neurological surgery to treat a wide range of conditions, such as:
- Benign brain tumors
- Chiari type I malformation
- Colloid cysts of the 3rd ventricle
- Malignant brain tumors
- Metastatic brain tumors
- Movement disorders, such as Parkinson's disease or essential tremors
- Traumatic brain injury/head trauma
When possible, our surgeons use advanced robotic technology to help them operate with greater precision and control. This means our surgeons can perform extremely complex operations through small incisions. This provides many benefits for patients, including less scarring and shorter recovery time.
Vascular surgery is performed to treat conditions of the blood vessels and veins. Treatments for vascular conditions can include medical and lifestyle interventions, minimally invasive endovascular procedures, or complex surgery.
Our surgeons perform a variety of vascular surgical procedures, including:
- Carotid disease surgery, including minimally invasive carotid stenting
- Open and minimally invasive treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Peripheral arterial disease surgery
- Surgery for dialysis access
- Varicose vein surgery
- Venous disease surgery
Retrieving location data...