Expert surgeons in southern New Hampshire
The surgeons at Appledore Medical Group hold high expertise in performing advanced surgeries to help patients who are experiencing a variety of medical conditions. From bariatric surgery to robot-assisted surgery, you can be assured that our board-certified surgeons can perform the necessary procedures to maximize your health.
Before visiting one of our locations that offers surgery, please view our patient health forms.
At Appledore Medical Group, our surgeons employ state-of-the-art surgical techniques to facilitate healing and wellness for our patients. We focus on your individual and overall healthcare needs to ensure you receive the most effective treatment.
Our specialized surgical teams provide diagnostic, preoperative, operative and postoperative care to patients.
General surgery involves a broad spectrum of surgical treatments for a variety of conditions affecting the following areas of the body:
- Endocrine system
- Gastrointestinal tract
We offer a wide range of general surgery options, including:
- Abdominal surgery
- Breast biopsy and cancer surgery
- Colon surgery for diverticulitis and cancer
- Hernia surgery
- Removal of skin lesions, lipomas and cysts
- Thyroid surgery
- Trauma surgery
- Vein surgery
In addition to a variety of general surgical procedures, our teams offer many surgical specialties to patients, such as:
Bariatric surgery provides patients who are morbidly obese with the necessary assistance to lose weight by dramatically reducing the stomach size. This reduces the amount of food that can be eaten at a meal, resulting in calorie reduction that leads to weight loss.
Our surgeons offer three common bariatric procedures.
- Gastric bypass—During a gastric bypass, the size of the stomach is reduced and a portion of the small intestine is bypassed.
- Gastric sleeve—During a gastric sleeve, the stomach is divided into two sections and a new, smaller stomach is created from one of the sections.
- Revision weight loss surgery—Revision weight loss surgery is used to make revisions to a gastric bypass or gastric sleeve surgery if the desired weight loss results were not achieved.
- Complex repair of thoracic-aortic diseases
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Minimally invasive lung and chest surgery (VATS)
- Minimally invasive valve surgery
- Open heart surgery
- Surgeries for esophageal diseases
- Surgical removal of cardiac tumors
- Thoracic oncology surgical services
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI)
- Treatment of mediastinal masses
- Benign brain tumors
- Chiari type I malformation
- Colloid cysts of the 3rd ventricle
- Malignant brain tumors
- Metastatic brain tumors
- Movement disorders, such as Parkinson's disease or essential tremors
- Traumatic brain injury/head trauma
When possible, our surgeons use advanced robotic technology that helps them operate with greater precision and control. This means our surgeons can perform extremely complex operations through small incisions. This provides many benefits for patients, including less scarring and shorter recovery time.
Vascular surgery is performed to treat conditions of the blood vessels and veins. Our surgeons perform a variety of vascular surgical procedures, including:
- Carotid disease surgery
- Open and minimally invasive treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)
- Peripheral arterial disease (P.A.D) surgery
- Surgery for dialysis access
- Venous disease surgery