About Portsmouth Internal Medicine
At Portsmouth Internal Medicine, we provide care to adult patients, ages 18 and up, in the greater Portsmouth area. We offer patients a wide range of internal medicine services, from routine physical exams and preventive medicine to treating acute illnesses and managing chronic diseases. We work collaboratively with our patients to create personalized health plans and provide education on healthy choices and preventive care.
We are also an academic medicine clinic as part of the Graduate Medical Education (GME) Internal Medicine Residency Program at Portsmouth Regional Hospital/Tufts University. This means our practice includes resident physicians as part of our team who are training to be the next generation of physician leaders. Our attending board-certified internal medicine physicians featured in the ‘Meet our Providers” section above fully supervised residents. Learn more about resident physicians and our clinics that are training sites as part of Portsmouth Regional Hospital/Tufts University GME program.
For additional information about our internal medicine services, please call Portsmouth Internal Medicine at (603) 436-6115.
Internal medicine services
Our expert internal medicine physicians offer a wide range of services that include:
- Annual Medicare wellness visit
- Blood analysis
- Cholesterol management program
- Chronic disease management
- Diabetes management program
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Minor surgical procedures
- Pre-operative exams
- Routine immunizations and vaccines
- Routine physical exam
- Wound care
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Cholesterol issues
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Coronary artery disease
- Chronic medical conditions
- Endocrine disorders
- Heart disease
- Minor injuries
- Thyroid disorders
Diagnostic testing is used to help our primary care physicians accurately diagnose and treat patients. We offer a range of diagnostic testing, including:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) — An EKG determines the electrical activity of the heart.
- Point of care (POC) testing — POC testing occurs during a visit and includes common tests to determine things like pregnancy, strep throat and flu.
Visiting our facility
Our Portsmouth Internal Medicine clinic is open Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm, with free parking.
For your convenience, we now offer online appointment scheduling.