About Family Medicine - Durham
Appledore Family Medicine in Durham offers a range of primary care services from routine physical exams to diagnostic testing. Our practice is a combination of Portsmouth Family Practice and Woodbury Family Practice, which allows us to provide patients access to high-quality doctors with years of experience and expertise.
For more information about our family medicine services at our Durham location, please call Appledore Family Medicine at (603) 431-2516.
Comprehensive primary care in Durham
Our family doctors, physicians assistants and nurses provide comprehensive, personalized treatment for patients of all ages. Our team makes it a priority to provide compassionate care to patients, as well as educate patients on preventive care and healthy habits.
Common conditions we treat
Our primary care doctors are experienced in treating a variety of common conditions, including:
- Cholesterol issues
- Common cold
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Minor sprains and strains
- Respiratory infections
- Sinus infections
- Thyroid conditions
- Urinary tract infections
Our primary care facility in Durham offers the following diagnostic testing options for patients:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)— An EKG helps determine heart health by measuring the electrical activity of the heart.
- Prothrombin time/international normalized ratio (PT/INR) testing—During a PT/INR test, doctors will determine if there are any concerns with blood clotting or excess bleeding.
- Pregnancy testing—Pregnancy testing is most commonly completed using a urine test to confirm pregnancy.
- Spirometry testing—Spirometry testing can measure how quickly, and in what amounts, a patient inhales and exhales.
Preventive care services
Preventive care encourages patients to stay ahead of their health before conditions arise. Our doctors help patients with preventive care through routine screenings as well as information on healthy lifestyle choices.
Our expert team offers a variety of preventive care services for patients in Durham, including:
- Complete physical exams for children and adults
- Employment physicals
- Medicare physicals
- Pediatric and adult immunizations
- School, sport and camp physicals
Visiting our facility
Our Durham family medicine clinic is open Monday-Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm, with free parking. We are currently accepting new patients.
For your convenience, you can schedule an appointment online.